Thursday, March 5, 2009

I love flashy accessories.

I was poking around on Drop Snap to see if there were any inspiring pictures here and there, and I found an interview with Mademoiselle Yulia, a female DJ on EMI Records. She released her own jewelry line called Giza (inspired by the city in Egypt), and it's amazingly gold and flashy:  
I hope I can achieve something like this in the future. In the interview, she explained that because there aren't many designers who make bulky jewelry in Japan, she just thought "I might as well make some myself" and then went and did it. She told that she just made what she would have wanted to have for herself, something that has impact and is easy to understand. 

I'm totally inspired after reading about people like her. She is only 21, and her jewelry is sold in boutiques around the country. Some of it can be found on Zozo, one of the coolest online shopping sites from Japan for young people. I would link directly to the stuff, but my Internet is being really slow right now, so I can't load the page properly!! I will get back with that later. 

beru

 

No comments:

Post a Comment