Thursday, March 5, 2009

JSG x Evangelion

This mix is practically opposite. But that's why it's so amazing.

One of the most famous animated series from Japan called Neon Genesis Evangelion did a collaboration with a Gal brand called JSG. They made this over-the-top nylon zipper parka-dress that looks like the giant robot-like "Evangelion" units. I am totally in love with it. 


JSG has always been kind of a contrast to my style (when it comes to Gal brands, I like the harder, 
more masculine looks like SLY, Moussy, Barak, etc.), but I totally just ordered one for myself.

Also, they did a collaboration with a brand called Soul Franky, which is targeted at the male version of Gal fashion (Gal-Oh... I'll explain later if necessary). My boyfriend's not into that kind of fashion, but he ordered the hoody from the collaboration. But it does have my favorite character, a warm-water penguin named Pen-pen, across the front, which totally makes up for the brand.

It's being modeled by one of the most famous gyaru-oh male models here. I'm surprised that Eva went to this length to expand its merchandise sales. 

It has me sold. 

1 comment:

  1. I tooootally love the One Piece nylon dress! I want asuka's! do you know if they are still on sale? I checked THE EVA STORE... and nothing!

    asuka02nerv@hotmail.com

    (See? I'm a fan! so I MUST get it)

    ReplyDelete